APAC is the fastest growing region in the world, contributing two thirds of the global growth over the past decade. The rising middle class, rapid urbanization, the population mix, altogether drive the strong and stable economic growth. One fundamental enabler of such growth is the rapid digital advancement with real-time and endless information flow that has substantially influenced and transformed how consumers behave.
Not only does South Korea have a strategic location in the centre of East Asia offering a geographic advantage in the region with easy access to other markets, but it has strong soft power influence in all over Asia, and recently globally.
The Korean consumers are seen as well-informed, tech savvy and sophisticated, and South Korea is becoming a test bed for many global high-end brands tapping into the influence of Korean celebrities.
Oscar-winning “Parasite”, the global streaming hit “Squid game”, K-pop phenom BTS, Black Pink etc., are all just the tip of the iceberg in what is referred to as Hallyu, or the “K-culture wave”. Illustrating this, 20% of the brand ambassadors for global luxury retailer Chanel is from Korea (2022).
Swedish brands in general enjoy favorable opportunities with a highly positive perception of clean & modern design, high quality and sustainability.
Business Sweden Seoul is hosting the Swedish Lifestyle Week Seoul 2023, signature event with more than 10 years of history of bringing buyers, distribution partners, consumers, and influencers together.
- A cost-efficient way of matchmaking with potential partners (distributors, retailer, marketing agencies and etc)
- A hands-on way to learn about Korean retail market, with visits to different offline and online channels
- Unique opportunity to network with key market players and pitch your brands
- Increase brand awareness via media coverage and marketing campaign
- A 7-day pop-up store at Shinsegae Department Store main branch (brands with local presence only)
16 November - 22 November 2023
Please contact Sookyoung and Soyeon for more information or registration. Deadline for participation is 30 June 2023.