The Try Swedish Export Programme consists of several promotional activities for export and offers different kinds of valuable support.
How we can help
- Free export coaching during market expansion by industry-savvy global business developers
- Access to an online food guide with detailed advice on labelling, certification, customs requirements etc.
- Market visits, participation in sales acceleration activities such as trade shows, collaborations with food retail chains and discount fees for the Food Business Days.
- Subsidised services provided by experts in our global market network. Read more about the Food Accelerator Export Programme as part of the Global Business Development Programs
- Being included in the Try Swedish marketing concept online and in social media (LinkedIn, Instagram)
As part of the programme, we currently prioritise activities in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Canada, USA and Singapore (SEA).
Companies in Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Canada and the United States get support from a dedicated industry-savvy business developer who is specialised in supporting Swedish food companies in that specific market.
In Sweden, we organise seminars to inform, inspire and develop competences in global expansion. These seminars cover trends in global food trade, present business opportunities in different markets and report on successful export initiatives. We also discuss local food-related regulations such as labelling and logistics requirements.
This programme is organised in cooperation with the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation. The steering group of the programme consists of food-related organisations and company representatives with expertise in export promotion. Together with Business Sweden, they decide which projects will be supported and implemented.
Try Swedish – Brand and marketing concept for Swedish food exports
Try Swedish is an international brand and marketing concept with a web-based platform that aims to promote Swedish food and drink abroad and get food buyers and food lovers all over the world to discover the Swedish food culture and lifestyle.
Study on global conditions and opportunities for the Swedish food industry
We analysed the global export potential of Sweden’s 12 largest food segments. Thanks to their sustainable and agile approach and innovative and safe products, Swedish food companies have a solid basis for export. The analysis identified three markets per food segment with high export potential. Overall, Hong Kong, Japan, Canada, the UK and Germany show the greatest potential for Swedish food companies.