As countries increasingly look for ways to diversify instruments to accelerate the green transition, international collaboration and exchange of experiences have now become more important than ever. Such cooperation opportunities between Sweden and Türkiye are investigated by Team Sweden in the recently published report “Pioneering Green Transition in Türkiye”.
The report presents Sweden’s perspective on environmental sustainability and explores how Swedish sustainable business practices and sustainable technology solutions are being implemented in Türkiye. In doing so, the report aims to highlight potential partnership opportunities between Swedish companies and Turkish stakeholders, particularly in the context of three focal points:
- Circular Economy
- Green Energy
- Sustainable Smart Transportation
Under each theme outlined above, several case studies are presented to showcase the sustainability initiatives of leading Swedish companies in Türkiye and how these contribute to Türkiye’s green transition goals. These include:
- Systemair, the first company in Türkiye to apply the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) method in assessing environmental impact of production operations in the air conditioning sector
- Circularity solutions by Tetra Pak for waste beverage cartons
- ViaCon Türkiye’s corrugated steel ecological bridges to safeguard wildlife and support transport continuity
- H&M Group’s climate strategy and green investment approach in Türkiye
- Volvo Car’s journey to become a fully electric car company by 2030 and climate neutral by 2040
- Epiroc’s zero-emission battery-powered electric machinery to reduce environmental impacts in the mining industry
Within Team Sweden, we are convinced that Sweden and Swedish companies are among the best possible partners to help Türkiye speed up its green transition.
Download the report in English (pdf)