Materials engineers are always on the lookout for the next big thing. But customers are increasingly playing an instrumental role in shaping the innovation paths and materials that transform everyday life. In collaboration with Swerea, Sweden’s world-class research group, and trend analyst firm Kairos Future, Business Sweden presents a special report in nine parts about the race for stronger, lighter, more sustainable, absorbable – and fully connected materials. The journey begins here.
- Introduction: Trends and truths in the materials race
- Truth 1: Driven by customers from heaven and hell
- Truth 2: Environmentally friendly - subject to reservations?
- Truth 3: In the shade of the forest
- Truth 4: Toward a hyper-designed future
- Truth 5: Connected
- Truth 6: Born at the crossroads
- Truth 7: Created by pioneers
- Materials outlook 2020: Where are we heading